As in the past, the annual memorial ceremony at the LEE/JACKSON Monument in Baltimore will be hosted by the Colonel Harry W. Gilmor Camp #1388, Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Maryland Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy. The purpose of this ceremony is to honor General Robert Edward Lee and General Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson on the anniversary of their births, January 19, 1807 and January 21, 1824 respectively. The ceremony will also remember and honor the thousands of soldiers who served the Confederacy during the War Between the States.
In previous years, many of you have attended
this ceremony even in the coldest weather and because of your effort and
dedication to the memory of the Confederate
soldier, the ceremony has always been a great success. We would like to once
again cordially invite you and your reenactment unit, patriotic organization,
and/or your family and friends to participate in this important annual event.
The LEE/JACKSON ceremony will be held on SATURDAY, January 19, 2013, at 11:00
The LEE/JACKSON Monument is located at Art Museum Drive and Wyman Park Drive about two blocks west of Charles Street and across from the Baltimore Museum of Art.
THE LEE / JACKSON BIRTHDAY CEREMONY PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
* Music from the War Between the States
* March on of troops
* Invocation by UDC Chaplain
* Pledge of Allegiance to the US flag
* Salute to the Confederate flag
* Welcoming remarks
* Presentation of memorial wreaths and floral tributes by various patriotic organizations and military units.
* Benediction by UDC Chaplain
* Military units, please bring ALL your colors, your drummers and fifers, if any, and AS MANY MEN as you can muster. Please consider dressing as you would for a parade, not field duty. We ask that reenactors under 16 years of age not to carry muskets or edged weapons.
* With all the recent attacks on the Confederate Flag and our Confederate
Heritage, this is a great opportunity to show the Confederate colors
in a positive and
honorable way. PLEASE BRING EVERY CONFEDERATE FLAG YOU OWN, Battle, 1st
National, 2nd National, 3rd National, Bonnie Blue, State flags, unit
flags, SCV Camp
* If you have contacts in the PRESS or NEWS MEDIA, invite them to attend and have them call us for details.
* If you have contacts in other reenactment units, Confederate or Federal, or other patriotic, civic or veterans organizations, please invite them and ask them to call us for details.
* If you have INTERNET or E MAIL access please post notice of this ceremony and send this invitation to your fellow reenactors, their families and friends.
* All groups, military or civilian are encouraged to bring wreaths or
floral tributes to be placed at the LEE/JACKSON Monument. Please let
us know who
will make the presentation for your organization/unit.
* If your unit or organization has a NEWSLETTER please list January 19, 2013, LEE/JACKSON BIRTHDAY CEREMONY in your upcoming events.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
Regards to all,
G. Elliott Cummings
Col. Harry W. Gilmor Camp #1388
Sons of Confederate Veterans
|Maryland Division||<<< Return >>>||Gilmor Camp Home|